Waraxe IT Security Portal  
  Login or Register
::  Home  ::  Search  ::  Your Account  ::  Forums  ::   Waraxe Advisories  ::  Tools  ::
March 28, 2024
Menu
 Home
 Logout
 Discussions
 Forums
 Members List
 IRC chat
 Tools
 Base64 coder
 MD5 hash
 CRC32 checksum
 ROT13 coder
 SHA-1 hash
 URL-decoder
 Sql Char Encoder
 Affiliates
 y3dips ITsec
 Md5 Cracker
 User Manuals
 AlbumNow
 Content
 Content
 Sections
 FAQ
 Info
 Feedback
 Recommend Us
 Search
 Journal
 Your Account

User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: MichaelSnaRe
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 9145

People Online:
Visitors: 524
Members: 0
Total: 524
PacketStorm News
·301 Moved Permanently

read more...
IT Security and Insecurity Portal

www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> All other security holes -> #Phreaking XD
#Phreaking XD
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quote
cO2_dz
Regular user
Regular user

Hi, Laughing

Im wondering how to use SMS Injections Cool , and how SMS centers works (Im really waiting for the answer) , anyway I m wondering if any person are concerned about Phreaking world coz I loove it so much , anyway , in ur opinion how do we can capture the traffic between a sercondery base and a mobile (or PDA or whatever technological outil that uses GSM ) maybe u will talk about cracking the A5 , and of course u know it's hard to do it coz It's illigal to use such outils like IMSI-catcher for doing so in the arab countries like Algeria so Im wondering how To build it (I know that the THC Team have a project for it but I wanna ur method) with an ancien Phone (I think that's possible especially the Simens Phones) .

Waiting for the answer Razz
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quote
lenny
Valuable expert
Valuable expert

Well its not really phreaking, that would involve tampering with tones down an analogue phone line Smile

But anyway, as you were asking - SMS injection? I have never heard of that...

And some information I pulled up very quickly on google:
Quote:
An SMS center (SMSC) is responsible for handling the SMS operations of a wireless network. When an SMS message is sent from a mobile phone, it will reach an SMS center first. The SMS center then forwards the SMS message towards the destination. An SMS message may need to pass through more than one network entity (e.g. SMSC and SMS gateway) before reaching the destination. The main duty of an SMSC is to route SMS messages and regulate the process. If the recipient is unavailable (for example, when the mobile phone is switched off), the SMSC will store the SMS message. It will forward the SMS message when the recipient is available.

Very often an SMSC is dedicated to handle the SMS traffic of one wireless network. A network operator usually manages its own SMSC(s) and locates them inside its wireless network system. However, it is possible for a network operator to use a third-party SMSC that is located outside the wireless network system.

You must know the address of the wireless network operator's SMSC in order to use SMS messaging with your mobile phone. Typically an SMSC address is an ordinary phone number in the international format. A mobile phone should have a menu option that can be used to configure the SMSC address. Normally, the SMSC address is pre-set in the SIM card by the wireless network operator, which means you do not need to make any changes to it.

I think that just about says it all really.

And as for capturing GSM data, this presentation at blackhat.com may come in useful Smile This includes details of A5/1 and the ISMI...
http://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-dc-08/Steve-DHulton/Whitepaper/bh-dc-08-steve-dhulton-WP.pdf
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:39 pm Reply with quote
cO2_dz
Regular user
Regular user

I'm not looking to those thing Razz , but in any case Thank you very much for ur answer.

lenny wrote:
Well its not really phreaking, that would involve tampering with tones down an analogue phone line Smile

And about these things are steps to phreaking never said that this is not phreaking because if u can't made these steps you can not do other, So normally you understand if you were probably interested in Phreaking Laughing

#cO2 et vive l'algerie XD;
hack pc
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quote
talianiami
Beginner
Beginner

Cool Very Happy merci
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote
talianiami
Beginner
Beginner

go to 84 and chat up !!
i know that you understand
whit all my respect!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
#Phreaking XD
  www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> All other security holes