Waraxe IT Security Portal  
  Login or Register
::  Home  ::  Search  ::  Your Account  ::  Forums  ::   Waraxe Advisories  ::  Tools  ::
March 28, 2024
Menu
 Home
 Logout
 Discussions
 Forums
 Members List
 IRC chat
 Tools
 Base64 coder
 MD5 hash
 CRC32 checksum
 ROT13 coder
 SHA-1 hash
 URL-decoder
 Sql Char Encoder
 Affiliates
 y3dips ITsec
 Md5 Cracker
 User Manuals
 AlbumNow
 Content
 Content
 Sections
 FAQ
 Info
 Feedback
 Recommend Us
 Search
 Journal
 Your Account

User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: MichaelSnaRe
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 9145

People Online:
Visitors: 555
Members: 0
Total: 555
PacketStorm News
·301 Moved Permanently

read more...
IT Security and Insecurity Portal

www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> General discussion -> Magazine Interview
Magazine Interview
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:14 am Reply with quote
shadow81
Regular user
Regular user

Ok guys... Here is an opportunity to be featured in one of the UK's largest IT Publications - PC Plus

This is going to be a HUGE piece in the magazine.

Firstly, in your posts, please state how you would like to be referenced in the article. If you have a website and would like some free advertising, be sure to include that. If you want to be referenced by your real name, and dont want to post it in here, then please PM me. If anyone would like an issue sending out to them, this can be arranged. If you would like to verify the authenticity of this entire post, arrangements can be made for you to speak directly with one of the editors of the publication.

And please state what hat you wear... Smile

All you need to do is post your say on the following:

Quote:
Here's the original brief:

INVESTIGATION SPECIAL: "Is computer crime run by the Russian mafia?" It's a familiar claim trotted out by security firms but is it based in fact or are they just trying to make the enemy look bigger, bolder and more dangerous? We talk to industry experts, police and hackers to discover who really runs computer crime.

This is a piece that is likely to attract a lot of attention. If you know any hackers who'd be happy to talk (maybe an ex-black hat, or perhaps by passing questions on and collecting answers)

DEADLINE IS 8/3/2009 So there isnt much time!

Thanks waraxe for allowing me to post here Smile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:22 am Reply with quote
shadow81
Regular user
Regular user

I would need to verify this with the publisher, but realising giving an address to have this posted to you is something some of you may not feel happy doing, so I will see about scanning the article in once it is published and would be more than happy to put it up for download or email it to any participants.

Please note, not everyone WILL be quoted... the editor will have the last say in what gets published and what doesnt... but they do really want some input. Smile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:24 am Reply with quote
pexli
Valuable expert
Valuable expert

Quote:
Is computer crime run by the Russian mafia?

You maybe joking,ya?
This is your idea or somebody else?
Hacking is not a crime.Carding is a big crime.If you don't know difference of hacking and carding don't write some stupid interview.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:24 pm Reply with quote
earthquaker
Advanced user
Advanced user

pexli go easy on the guy he probably didn't mean hacking as "hacking" i think he meant by hacking is "attempting illegal acts" such as carding or other methods , give him a chance Razz
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote
shadow81
Regular user
Regular user

Hey. No, this is not my idea. This is what I was propositioned with by a reporter from PC Plus. I have had a couple of dealings with them on other, smaller security articles.

I was asked to give some input, and to see if I could get some input from others. What is meant is cyber-crime. (identity thef, carding, etc... which uses hackers to carry out the work)

If you want my opinion on this matter, i totally disagree with the
statement and am actually looking for others to back me up with their views. The statement is a common one in the media these days, and anyone who doesnt know better believes it. This magazine's intention is to expose the truth, with as many sources as possible.

Of course I know the difference between criminal and non-criminal activity. Its what I do!

What this magazine is doing is attempting to open the eyes of the general public. Make them see it the way you and I do... the way it REALLY is... rather than how the media. And lets face it, organised crime syndicates employing skilled hackers to aid them with their activities is not new news, but it is exaggerated. This is what the article is about, and aims to expose the truth over.

Thanks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quote
pexli
Valuable expert
Valuable expert

No matter what you(or not you)write in this magazine for 99% of people "HACKER" is a bad guy.HACKER is carding,stealing ... money ...private info...etc.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quote
shadow81
Regular user
Regular user

Yes, I am well aware of that! I am not a journalist, you do not need to explain to me about this! lol.

I dont understand whats with the attitude Plexi? I am not the "bad guy" here...

I am like you. Security is my passion. Not journalism. And I like to have things in life to be proud of you know... achievements. To appear in a magazine article, to be able to express my opinions, and have a souvenier to show for it I think is a nice thing for me.

And the people who have responded to this in PM with me share this idea. Also, the fact that 99% of people see the hacker as the bad guy irritates me... If these articles I contribute to can even turn that figure to 98% or even just 98% of the UK, then that in itself to me is a result!

So please dude, calm down a bit eh? If you don't want to participate thats fair enough. If you think this is a daft idea, fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else. Im not arguing with you, because you have your belief on this and I have mine. And that is fair.

But it does seem like you're taking this out on me, but I am not the media... I am not the reporter... I am not the journalist... Im just a guy who has loves IT Security, who loves defending IT Security against the media, and who was looking for like minded people to help on a forum run by his most admired security expert...

So chill dude... please!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quote
pexli
Valuable expert
Valuable expert

shadow81 wrote:
Yes, I am well aware of that! I am not a journalist, you do not need to explain to me about this! lol.

I dont understand whats with the attitude Plexi? I am not the "bad guy" here...

I am like you. Security is my passion. Not journalism. And I like to have things in life to be proud of you know... achievements. To appear in a magazine article, to be able to express my opinions, and have a souvenier to show for it I think is a nice thing for me.

And the people who have responded to this in PM with me share this idea. Also, the fact that 99% of people see the hacker as the bad guy irritates me... If these articles I contribute to can even turn that figure to 98% or even just 98% of the UK, then that in itself to me is a result!

So please dude, calm down a bit eh? If you don't want to participate thats fair enough. If you think this is a daft idea, fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else. Im not arguing with you, because you have your belief on this and I have mine. And that is fair.

But it does seem like you're taking this out on me, but I am not the media... I am not the reporter... I am not the journalist... Im just a guy who has loves IT Security, who loves defending IT Security against the media, and who was looking for like minded people to help on a forum run by his most admired security expert...

So chill dude... please!

Good luck dude. Very Happy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:29 pm Reply with quote
shadow81
Regular user
Regular user

thank you Very Happy
Magazine Interview
  www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> General discussion