Waraxe IT Security Portal  
  Login or Register
::  Home  ::  Search  ::  Your Account  ::  Forums  ::   Waraxe Advisories  ::  Tools  ::
August 22, 2019
Menu
 Home
 Logout
 Discussions
 Forums
 Members List
 IRC chat
 Tools
 Base64 coder
 MD5 hash
 CRC32 checksum
 ROT13 coder
 SHA-1 hash
 URL-decoder
 Sql Char Encoder
 Affiliates
 y3dips ITsec
 Md5 Cracker
 User Manuals
 AlbumNow
 Content
 Content
 Sections
 FAQ
 Top
 Info
 Feedback
 Recommend Us
 Search
 Journal
 Your Account



User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: MichaelSnaRe
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 9145

People Online:
Visitors: 418
Members: 0
Total: 418
PacketStorm News
Currently there is a problem with headlines from this site
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search
IT Security and Insecurity Portal

www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> How to fix -> Please help me fix this Error.
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Please help me fix this Error.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:52 pm Reply with quote
shyspy
Advanced user
Advanced user
 
Joined: Jun 08, 2009
Posts: 60




I have installed phpbb

I am posting some programs and articles from the internet from other websites and so.

But in many i get this error,



Please let me know how to solve this issue.
Also can this lead to an hack Or something of my site.
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:46 am Reply with quote
pexli
Valuable expert
Valuable expert
 
Joined: May 24, 2007
Posts: 665
Location: Bulgaria




You have problem with encoding in database.
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:52 am Reply with quote
shyspy
Advanced user
Advanced user
 
Joined: Jun 08, 2009
Posts: 60




pexli wrote:
You have problem with encoding in database.


K! but how to solve this problem... plz provide some idea Or method to do that..
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quote
waraxe
Site admin
Site admin
 
Joined: May 11, 2004
Posts: 2407
Location: Estonia, Tartu




You need script, that does data cleanup/conversion in database. For this you need good scripting and sql skills and knowhow about UTF-8, iso-8859 and similar stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:22 pm Reply with quote
one23
Advanced user
Advanced user
 
Joined: Dec 12, 2008
Posts: 98




why don't u ask this question in phpbb community ? i'm pretty sure they will help u . and mybe this problem cause of install some mods ? any way go here : phpbb.com and ask ur question in their community .
View user's profile Send private message
-
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:50 am Reply with quote
shyspy
Advanced user
Advanced user
 
Joined: Jun 08, 2009
Posts: 60




one23 wrote:
why don't u ask this question in phpbb community ? i'm pretty sure they will help u . and mybe this problem cause of install some mods ? any way go here : phpbb.com and ask ur question in their community .


Hi,
I had asked it on phpbb.com but they said its against their rules to help.
1st bcoz i had modified it by removing copyrights and
2nd bcoz there were some posting category on my site like share ebooks and free appz.
Though it had no warez type content. They didn't help and locked my post twice.

Anyways my problem is solved i just needed a few keywords and waraxe provided them.
Thanku.
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quote
lenny
Valuable expert
Valuable expert
 
Joined: May 15, 2008
Posts: 275
Location: United Kingdom




Im going to step in here and ask that you don't remove their copyright - Its a violation of the license and it is VERY inconsiderate to the developers.
Why remove it in the first place? Its not as if its an intrusive advert - the copyright is very small!

Ah well, some people cannot be swayed Sad If you must remove the copyright then be it on your conscience.

Anyways, try reinstalling from scratch.
When you are given the choice of encoding type its usually a good rule of thumb to use UTF-8.
You may need to ask your hosting provider to create the database using UTF-8 if you are not given the opeprtunity and the problem persists.

You could always ask again (politely) on phpBB forums with a hypothetical question - that way they wouldnt know if you had or hadn't removed the copyright or the contents of the site.
View user's profile Send private message
-
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quote
shyspy
Advanced user
Advanced user
 
Joined: Jun 08, 2009
Posts: 60




lenny wrote:
Im going to step in here and ask that you don't remove their copyright - Its a violation of the license and it is VERY inconsiderate to the developers.
Why remove it in the first place? Its not as if its an intrusive advert - the copyright is very small!

Ah well, some people cannot be swayed Sad If you must remove the copyright then be it on your conscience.

Anyways, try reinstalling from scratch.
When you are given the choice of encoding type its usually a good rule of thumb to use UTF-8.
You may need to ask your hosting provider to create the database using UTF-8 if you are not given the opeprtunity and the problem persists.

You could always ask again (politely) on phpBB forums with a hypothetical question - that way they wouldnt know if you had or hadn't removed the copyright or the contents of the site.



The reson behind removing the copyright and other information is to modify it completely. This also contributes to security as its not easy for atleast lamers and script kiddies to know wht software is being used.
I had some security issues in the past, So this is also an good method.

And yes thanku for the utf information i m trying that too.
View user's profile Send private message
Re: -
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:57 pm Reply with quote
one23
Advanced user
Advanced user
 
Joined: Dec 12, 2008
Posts: 98




shyspy wrote:
lenny wrote:
Im going to step in here and ask that you don't remove their copyright - Its a violation of the license and it is VERY inconsiderate to the developers.
Why remove it in the first place? Its not as if its an intrusive advert - the copyright is very small!

Ah well, some people cannot be swayed Sad If you must remove the copyright then be it on your conscience.

Anyways, try reinstalling from scratch.
When you are given the choice of encoding type its usually a good rule of thumb to use UTF-8.
You may need to ask your hosting provider to create the database using UTF-8 if you are not given the opeprtunity and the problem persists.

You could always ask again (politely) on phpBB forums with a hypothetical question - that way they wouldnt know if you had or hadn't removed the copyright or the contents of the site.



The reson behind removing the copyright and other information is to modify it completely. This also contributes to security as its not easy for atleast lamers and script kiddies to know wht software is being used.
I had some security issues in the past, So this is also an good method.

And yes thanku for the utf information i m trying that too.


well , if u're doing this for security reason , u can write the copyright into a pic and put it at bottom of you're site . that's another way for security. also try to not install any mod that are not accepted by phpBB , encode your config and etc ...
View user's profile Send private message
Please help me fix this Error.
  www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> How to fix
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  




Powered by phpBB 2001-2008 phpBB Group






Error messages
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments and posts are property of their posters, all the rest (c) 2004-2013 Janek Vind "waraxe"
Page Generation: 0.084 Seconds