Waraxe IT Security Portal  
  Login or Register
::  Home  ::  Search  ::  Your Account  ::  Forums  ::   Waraxe Advisories  ::  Tools  ::
June 3, 2020
Menu
 Home
 Logout
 Discussions
 Forums
 Members List
 IRC chat
 Tools
 Base64 coder
 MD5 hash
 CRC32 checksum
 ROT13 coder
 SHA-1 hash
 URL-decoder
 Sql Char Encoder
 Affiliates
 y3dips ITsec
 Md5 Cracker
 User Manuals
 AlbumNow
 Content
 Content
 Sections
 FAQ
 Top
 Info
 Feedback
 Recommend Us
 Search
 Journal
 Your Account



User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: MichaelSnaRe
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 9145

People Online:
Visitors: 608
Members: 0
Total: 608
PacketStorm News
Currently there is a problem with headlines from this site
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search
IT Security and Insecurity Portal

www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> General discussion -> An assignment: I hope i'm not breaking any rules
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
An assignment: I hope i'm not breaking any rules
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
assignment
Regular user
Regular user
 
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
Posts: 8




Hi, I'm a student and I was given an assignment to replicate an exploit. I chose to replicate this exploit http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/5070

I have done the HTML part and get the error as stated in http://www.waraxe.us/advisory-64.html

but i'm not sure what to do with the remaining part. I think the code is PERL , can anyone please put me through. I'm I ment to do the remaining part?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

(Please someone help me)
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm Reply with quote
pexli
Valuable expert
Valuable expert
 
Joined: May 24, 2007
Posts: 665
Location: Bulgaria




Install Perl on your computer.
Register user on victim forum.
Open command prompt and type

perl mybb1211.pl host path user pass victim_uid

mybb1211.pl ---->name of your script
host ----> vistim URL without http://
user ---> your registered username
pass ---> password for your user
vistim_uid ---> you need to know id of admin account.

Press Enter and wait results.
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:06 pm Reply with quote
assignment
Regular user
Regular user
 
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
Posts: 8




pexli wrote:
Install Perl on your computer.
Register user on victim forum.
Open command prompt and type

perl mybb1211.pl host path user pass victim_uid

mybb1211.pl ---->name of your script
host ----> vistim URL without http://
user ---> your registered username
pass ---> password for your user
vistim_uid ---> you need to know id of admin account.

Press Enter and wait results.


thanks, i'm trying it out now.
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quote
assignment
Regular user
Regular user
 
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
Posts: 8




pexli wrote:
Install Perl on your computer.
Register user on victim forum.
Open command prompt and type

perl mybb1211.pl host path user pass victim_uid

mybb1211.pl ---->name of your script
host ----> vistim URL without http://
user ---> your registered username
pass ---> password for your user
vistim_uid ---> you need to know id of admin account.

Press Enter and wait results.


1: Do I need to compile the script or just copy it into a text file and save with that extension?. I have just downloaded Strawberry Perl for windows

2: Is this what my command should look like

perl now.pl localhost/theforum/private.php linda lindayang 3
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:58 pm Reply with quote
assignment
Regular user
Regular user
 
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
Posts: 8




assignment wrote:
pexli wrote:
Install Perl on your computer.
Register user on victim forum.
Open command prompt and type

perl mybb1211.pl host path user pass victim_uid

mybb1211.pl ---->name of your script
host ----> vistim URL without http://
user ---> your registered username
pass ---> password for your user
vistim_uid ---> you need to know id of admin account.

Press Enter and wait results.


1: Do I need to compile the script or just copy it into a text file and save with that extension?. I have just downloaded Strawberry Perl for windows

2: Is this what my command should look like

perl now.pl localhost/theforum/private.php linda lindayang 3


I have now gotten to the path where it say "login unsuccessful"

>>Usage: perl mybb1211.pl host path user pass victim_uid [last_victim_uid]<<

I know my "uid" from the html code i ran but which one refers to the "last_victim_uid"?
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote
vince213333
Advanced user
Advanced user
 
Joined: Aug 03, 2009
Posts: 737
Location: Belgium




The user id mostly is visible when you visit a person's profile on a forum (have a look at the url).

And I think the optional parameter [last_...] is to enter a range of id's to get the data from, instead of just one Wink
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote
assignment
Regular user
Regular user
 
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
Posts: 8




vince213333 wrote:
The user id mostly is visible when you visit a person's profile on a forum (have a look at the url).

And I think the optional parameter [last_...] is to enter a range of id's to get the data from, instead of just one Wink


VALUES ('3', '3', '4', '1', 'f00subject', '0', 'f00message', '1268346256', '0', 'no', '',linda,'', '0', '0')

from this i can see the "uid" is 3, so please which one of those numbers will fall into the category of [last_...]

*i must be a real pain asking all these questions but i appreciate the help, bear with me
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 pm Reply with quote
vince213333
Advanced user
Advanced user
 
Joined: Aug 03, 2009
Posts: 737
Location: Belgium




That's not entirely what I meant Smile

The line you have there is the data from one user. It's indeed likely that 3 is the userid.

Now you have [last_victim_id] which is an optional parameter because it's between square brackets (standard notation).

If you'd execute a command without that optional parameter, you'd get the data of the person with userid 3.

Now let's say you want the data of user 3 to 9, then you'd use the optional parameter too. So your command looks like "... 3 9"

At least that's how I think it works ^^ Haven't tried it myself.
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quote
assignment
Regular user
Regular user
 
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
Posts: 8




vince213333 wrote:
That's not entirely what I meant Smile

The line you have there is the data from one user. It's indeed likely that 3 is the userid.

Now you have [last_victim_id] which is an optional parameter because it's between square brackets (standard notation).

If you'd execute a command without that optional parameter, you'd get the data of the person with userid 3.

Now let's say you want the data of user 3 to 9, then you'd use the optional parameter too. So your command looks like "... 3 9"

At least that's how I think it works ^^ Haven't tried it myself.


when i run the code without the optional parameter i get this in my command propmt



############################################################################
# MyBB <=1.2.11 SQL Injection Exploit by F #
############################################################################
# Usage: perl mybb1211.pl host path user pass victim_uid [last_victim_uid] #
############################################################################

but when i add another valid uid i get


#################################################
# MyBB <=1.2.11 SQL Injection Exp
#################################################

[~] Host: http://localhost/theforum/private.php
[~] Path: linda
[~] User: lindayang
[~] Pass: 1
[~] From #3
[~] To #3

[-] Login unsuccessful

C:\strawberry\perl\bin>
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:23 am Reply with quote
assignment
Regular user
Regular user
 
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
Posts: 8




assignment wrote:
vince213333 wrote:
That's not entirely what I meant Smile

The line you have there is the data from one user. It's indeed likely that 3 is the userid.

Now you have [last_victim_id] which is an optional parameter because it's between square brackets (standard notation).

If you'd execute a command without that optional parameter, you'd get the data of the person with userid 3.

Now let's say you want the data of user 3 to 9, then you'd use the optional parameter too. So your command looks like "... 3 9"

At least that's how I think it works ^^ Haven't tried it myself.


when i run the code without the optional parameter i get this in my command propmt



############################################################################
# MyBB <=1.2.11 SQL Injection Exploit by F #
############################################################################
# Usage: perl mybb1211.pl host path user pass victim_uid [last_victim_uid] #
############################################################################

but when i add another valid uid i get


#################################################
# MyBB <=1.2.11 SQL Injection Exp
#################################################

[~] Host: http://localhost/theforum/private.php
[~] Path: linda
[~] User: lindayang
[~] Pass: 1
[~] From #3
[~] To #3

[-] Login unsuccessful

C:\strawberry\perl\bin>


*bump
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
pexli
Valuable expert
Valuable expert
 
Joined: May 24, 2007
Posts: 665
Location: Bulgaria




Dude you need to read some books.Real books.PHP,MYSQL,what is path,cookie,perl scripts ...etc.
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quote
assignment
Regular user
Regular user
 
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
Posts: 8




pexli wrote:
Dude you need to read some books.Real books.PHP,MYSQL,what is path,cookie,perl scripts ...etc.


very true and seriously thinking about it
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:44 pm Reply with quote
waraxe
Site admin
Site admin
 
Joined: May 11, 2004
Posts: 2407
Location: Estonia, Tartu




My suggestion is to try that exploit manually, without any third-party scripts.
First you must create test environment (WAMP or LAMP) and install vulnerable MyBB forum.
Then copy/paste my example exploit html code, modify it as needed, then use firefox and log in to the forum as valid user.
Now you have valid browser session and next "File->Open File" open your example html form and then push submit button.
If you still can't see SQL error message, then you need to open "private.php" in text editor and find vulnerable piece of code.
Use var_dump() or print_r() for debugging and try to see, if attack parameter goes through as expected.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:36 pm Reply with quote
x3roconf_
Advanced user
Advanced user
 
Joined: May 01, 2008
Posts: 101




hi waraxe! nice to see you. Smile
View user's profile Send private message
An assignment: I hope i'm not breaking any rules
  www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> General discussion
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  




Powered by phpBB 2001-2008 phpBB Group






ATI Radeon reviews
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments and posts are property of their posters, all the rest (c) 2004-2013 Janek Vind "waraxe"
Page Generation: 0.074 Seconds