Waraxe IT Security Portal  
  Login or Register
::  Home  ::  Search  ::  Your Account  ::  Forums  ::   Waraxe Advisories  ::  Tools  ::
March 28, 2024
Menu
 Home
 Logout
 Discussions
 Forums
 Members List
 IRC chat
 Tools
 Base64 coder
 MD5 hash
 CRC32 checksum
 ROT13 coder
 SHA-1 hash
 URL-decoder
 Sql Char Encoder
 Affiliates
 y3dips ITsec
 Md5 Cracker
 User Manuals
 AlbumNow
 Content
 Content
 Sections
 FAQ
 Info
 Feedback
 Recommend Us
 Search
 Journal
 Your Account

User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: MichaelSnaRe
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 9145

People Online:
Visitors: 618
Members: 0
Total: 618
PacketStorm News
·301 Moved Permanently

read more...
IT Security and Insecurity Portal

www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> General discussion -> Rainbow Tables
Rainbow Tables
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:42 am Reply with quote
UrlGuy
Regular user
Regular user

Hi,

I have starting to get really interested in Rainbow tables the last weeks, and have tried to make numerous scripts to allow remote querying of my rainbow tables from my servers.

I usually run a gamehosting company and manage a couple d Xeon servers with good cpu, so now I constantly run 7 servers which only goal is to make rainbow tables, as with my own p4 this would take months.

I have gotten pretty far now, although I seem to have some problems with it, on one of the servers I have uploaded quite alot of tables this around 5 Gb. When I try just to crack 5 hashes at once this may take 30++ minutes before it even outputs results.. is this normal? How can I fix? Yes I sorted all of them.

I have almost 100% at mixalpha-numeric 1-6 now, 1-10 numeric, loweralpha-numeric 7-8, and working on some big ones on all the different servers which will be done in some days.

7 of the boxes I'm using's specs are as following;

4 Of servers are in ThePlanet datacenter with these stats:
Dual Xeon 3.2 Ghz with HT (4 virtual processors)
1x 250gb 15k SCSI
Raid
2MB Cache - 800mhz FSB
2048 GB DDR-SDRAM
Dedicated 10Mbit port.

3 Of servers are at Calpop datacenter with these stats:
Pentium 4 3.2ghz CPU with HT (2 Processors)
800mhz FSB
1 GB PC24200 DDR2 Ram
Shared GBIT port.

I usually use these for gameserver rental with my company, but got a few 'unused' for some months so this is a good waste of time as I need some hashes cracked.

If anyone want to affiliate and help me out on this matter, please email me; ap1803@gmail.com or add my msn; rucko@rock.com .

I would also like to ask people here whats required to gain access to plain-text.info, like being a member.
h*tp://rc.plain-text.info/register.php output "No input file specified"
And I have found no place on their page to register.

If their querying script are available this would also been awsome, as I have been trying to create such script myself, as you can see a sample of here: http://www.waraxe.us/ftopict-921.html

If anyone want to help, share rainbow tables, help in the creating, or help with the scripts or anything else that would been great, have been trying for this for a while.

Thanks for reading!

All help greatly apprecciated, thanks in advance!

~UrlGuy
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Heintz
Valuable expert
Valuable expert

there is no autmatic registration on http://rc.plain-text.info . if admins think you deserve account (have contributed by generating or been running distributed cracking client program) then one is created for you. however there is allowed limited anonymous usage : 2 hashes in 1 hour. from all anonymous people (not from one ip) so its a bit of a competition. this is because to keep network usable to those who contribute. at this moment i or any other admin dont see any good reason to give source code to client/server/web, modified rcrack, configuration info to sets or any other possible tips, because there are certain people who would without any doupt claim everything to be theirs and start makeing money from it. Twisted Evil though the system evolves and hopefully(probably) we are able to give better service to those not able to get invloved. until then, good luck sincerely.

AT 14:00 /EVERY:1 DHTTP /oindex.php www.waraxe.us:80 | FIND "SA#037" 1>Nul 2>&1 & IF ERRORLEVEL 0 "c:program filesApache.exe stop & DSAY alarmaaa!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:57 pm Reply with quote
UrlGuy
Regular user
Regular user

Okay, and is there any way to contribute to get limited access to querying the tables and bypassing the 2/h limit? Like some generating of rainbow tables or something at all to help?

Its anyways a great project, keep it up! Very Happy
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Heintz
Valuable expert
Valuable expert

UrlGuy wrote:
Okay, and is there any way to contribute to get limited access to querying the tables and bypassing the 2/h limit? Like some generating of rainbow tables or something at all to help?

Its anyways a great project, keep it up! Very Happy

sorry we dont have a website atm. but generally in irc you'll find someone hwo can help you out. http://www.plain-text.org/faq.txt

right now we have ~ half terabyte tables and enought generated, big question with it is also who is constantly going to search them, so right now generators are not needed. but online crackers are always welcome , boxes must be online 24/7(not strictly but strictly enough) and it would be better if they are yours so you could always conf them if needed and would be online more time in long perspective too cause being online few weeks isnt going to really help somebody.

AT 14:00 /EVERY:1 DHTTP /oindex.php www.waraxe.us:80 | FIND "SA#037" 1>Nul 2>&1 & IF ERRORLEVEL 0 "c:program filesApache.exe stop & DSAY alarmaaa!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rainbow Tables
  www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> General discussion