Waraxe IT Security Portal  
  Login or Register
::  Home  ::  Search  ::  Your Account  ::  Forums  ::   Waraxe Advisories  ::  Tools  ::
March 28, 2024
Menu
 Home
 Logout
 Discussions
 Forums
 Members List
 IRC chat
 Tools
 Base64 coder
 MD5 hash
 CRC32 checksum
 ROT13 coder
 SHA-1 hash
 URL-decoder
 Sql Char Encoder
 Affiliates
 y3dips ITsec
 Md5 Cracker
 User Manuals
 AlbumNow
 Content
 Content
 Sections
 FAQ
 Info
 Feedback
 Recommend Us
 Search
 Journal
 Your Account

User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: MichaelSnaRe
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 9145

People Online:
Visitors: 549
Members: 0
Total: 549
PacketStorm News
·301 Moved Permanently

read more...
IT Security and Insecurity Portal

www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> Linux world -> Looking for a ftp scanner Goto page 1, 2  Next
Looking for a ftp scanner
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote
fizzi
Advanced user
Advanced user

Heya
I'm looking for a program/perl script which can scan several ip ranges and try to connect to port 21 using 'anonymous' username.
there are several windows progs out there but i dont even know 1 linux prog out there. i tried to write one in perl and c, but i haven't programmed something like that for a long time ago ...
so i really need your help. (and no links to nmap, nikto or nessus ...)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:35 pm Reply with quote
shai-tan
Valuable expert
Valuable expert

nmap is the shizzle. Wink

I will tell you this - black/grey hackers never use Windows (if they can help it) when they hack Wink .

It depends really exactly what you want to use this program for.
But instead of getting one small linux app. Get a distribution that has a complete security/auditing collection Wink . Im not going to name any here you will have to search. Also 2 of the most popular security distos may be merging soon which will be the best thing considering both have different apps that I prefer. Wink Razz. If you find any of these distros PM me and ask which is best in my opinion.

BTW try the Linux apps= TCPdump, dsniff and post under good linux forums

?In short: just say NO TO DRUGS, and maybe you won?t end up like the Hurd people.? -- Linus Torvalds
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:32 am Reply with quote
fizzi
Advanced user
Advanced user

in my opinion, it is not necessary to get a security distro/"hack" distro, because you can mostly download the tools u need. (thanks to open-source)
but i know some linux distri, like for wardriving and so ... they can be useful, but i just need a scan prog ... so i dont want to give up my sneaky slacky distro Smile
well, i think u dont mean distros like openwall do u? i think u mean the straight opposite of them ... well ...
i'm too tired to search for distros right now Wink
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:57 am Reply with quote
shai-tan
Valuable expert
Valuable expert

Ive had a few major F**k ups today and this is the third response Ive tried to finish before I screw it agiain, so I cant be bothered writing everything out again so Im just going to say...
"What ever floats your boat"

?In short: just say NO TO DRUGS, and maybe you won?t end up like the Hurd people.? -- Linus Torvalds
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:08 am Reply with quote
fizzi
Advanced user
Advanced user

"What ever floats your boat"

well, i dont know what you mean with that, but i'll try my best
Razz
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:13 am Reply with quote
shai-tan
Valuable expert
Valuable expert

Well I havent had a very good day today lolz.
Downloading the files you need is one way whcih I agree with but Security Distros are great because there is a tool for every job. The next step is remastering or making your own security distro.
Best to make your own distro is by remastering knoppix/slax/kantonix (which is always a lot like installing gentoo). Linux From Scratch is another good way.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:57 am Reply with quote
fizzi
Advanced user
Advanced user

well ...
i tried lfs 6.1 and blfs 6.1 some weeks ago, and had big problems compiling the x-server (both, xfree and xorg) und gave it up.
next step is getting an amd64 athlon and then i probably will look for a nice compatible 64bit distro and learn to progg perl, because nmap is making a good service to me .....
well, i almost forgot about hydra from thc .... i think i have a look at it back again .....
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:20 am Reply with quote
fizzi
Advanced user
Advanced user

weeeee
nmap + thc is making a goof job to me Surprised
it's not pretty perfect or automated, but it's pretty good for me
weeeeee
Wink

edit:
oops. at least for the scan only, i just even does not need nmap Twisted Evil
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:35 am Reply with quote
shai-tan
Valuable expert
Valuable expert

Many people will disagree I am sure but I and many other Professional coders dont like perl at all. Its tasteless and a bit boring.
LFS seems to hang when you install X.
Gentoo is great if you want a fast reliable distro. I recommend it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:23 pm Reply with quote
fizzi
Advanced user
Advanced user

Well right, i think perl is a great programming language, because there is no need to compile things, they just run at run-time. c ist great as we know, but it's rather old and there is no way u can write a program using sockets in seconds as u can do with perl ...
and i was havinig with lfs although i did follow the lfs tutorial _exactly_ as described, well, shit happenes
well i also tried to install gentoo, but that was shit. the site was telling me that there is no need to have an i-net connection when installing the universal-cd. but what happened? right. i couldnt compile my wlan drivers, because i had no kernel sources, because the F#$%ing shit wanted always to connect to the shitty net to download some f$%&!ng stupid things .... ah i hate that shit.
and i hate packet management. slackware is the only true linux Cool
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:56 pm Reply with quote
fizzi
Advanced user
Advanced user

i think u were right, shai-tan.
do u know a good linux distri with all these nice tools out there (for AMD64)?

edit: (except whax - and how far is whax compatible with amd64? any known problems?)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote
erg0t
Valuable expert
Valuable expert

fizzi wrote:
Well right, i think perl is a great programming language, because there is no need to compile things, they just run at run-time. c ist great as we know, but it's rather old and there is no way u can write a program using sockets in seconds as u can do with perl ...
and i was havinig with lfs although i did follow the lfs tutorial _exactly_ as described, well, shit happenes
well i also tried to install gentoo, but that was shit. the site was telling me that there is no need to have an i-net connection when installing the universal-cd. but what happened? right. i couldnt compile my wlan drivers, because i had no kernel sources, because the F#$%ing shit wanted always to connect to the shitty net to download some f$%&!ng stupid things .... ah i hate that shit.

I think you forget to copy the /usr/portage/distfiles stuff Razz
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:22 pm Reply with quote
fizzi
Advanced user
Advanced user

erg0t wrote:
fizzi wrote:

nope. i did do that Razz
(and i couldnt finde the kernel sources in there Rolling Eyes )
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:00 pm Reply with quote
erg0t
Valuable expert
Valuable expert

fizzi wrote:
erg0t wrote:
fizzi wrote:

nope. i did do that Razz
(and i couldnt finde the kernel sources in there Rolling Eyes )

If you downloaded the universal cd the things are there!
In the only cd that may not have these is in the minimal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:16 am Reply with quote
shai-tan
Valuable expert
Valuable expert

lolz Yes they do come on the universal cd.
Slackware is great but prefer Gentoo and Debian above it. Otherwise try remastering a Live CD distro. Its not so hard once you have done it once or twice Razz

Looking for a ftp scanner
  www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> Linux world