Waraxe IT Security Portal
Login or Register
July 21, 2024
Menu
Home
Logout
Discussions
Forums
Members List
IRC chat
Tools
Base64 coder
MD5 hash
CRC32 checksum
ROT13 coder
SHA-1 hash
URL-decoder
Sql Char Encoder
Affiliates
y3dips ITsec
Md5 Cracker
User Manuals
AlbumNow
Content
Content
Sections
FAQ
Top
Info
Feedback
Recommend Us
Search
Journal
Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: MichaelSnaRe
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 9144

People Online:
Visitors: 207
Members: 0
Total: 207
Full disclosure
[KIS-2024-06] XenForo <= 2.2.15 (Template System) Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
[KIS-2024-05] XenForo <= 2.2.15 (Widget::actionSave) Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
CVE-2024-33326
CVE-2024-33327
CVE-2024-33328
CVE-2024-33329
CyberDanube Security Research 20240703-0 | Authenticated Command Injection in Helmholz Industrial Router REX100
SEC Consult SA-20240627-0 :: Local Privilege Escalation via MSI installer in SoftMaker Office / FreeOffice
SEC Consult SA-20240626-0 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Siemens Power Automation Products
Novel DoS Vulnerability Affecting WebRTC Media Servers
APPLE-SA-06-25-2024-1 AirPods Firmware Update 6A326, AirPods Firmware Update 6F8, and Beats Firmware Update 6F8
40 vulnerabilities in Toshiba Multi-Function Printers
17 vulnerabilities in Sharp Multi-Function Printers
SEC Consult SA-20240624-0 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities allowing complete bypass in Faronics WINSelect (Standard + Enterprise)
SEC Consult SA-20240620-0 :: Arbitrary File Upload in edu-sharing (metaVentis GmbH)
Log in Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search
IT Security and Insecurity Portal

www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> PhpBB -> PhpBB <= 2.0.20 Admin/Restore Database remote cmmnds xctn Goto page Previous1, 2
Post new topicReply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote
WaterBird
Active user
Active user
Joined: May 16, 2005
Posts: 37




I don't see any intrest in this exploit because when you have a cookie you can access admin panel. So why to use another explit ?
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:34 am Reply with quote
szmatlawiec
Regular user
Regular user
Joined: May 14, 2006
Posts: 8




heh so stupid ;D ofcourse i must type in cmd php script.php ;D thanks hyyh Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:52 pm Reply with quote
johnny
Regular user
Regular user
Joined: Mar 13, 2006
Posts: 13




Sheesh. This thread is labeled as an exploit for phpbb 2.0.20 and below.

Instead of an explanation of the actual exploit, we have the usual "how to run a Perl script" and "how to get a cookie" posts.

Does phpbb 2.0.20 even respond to the cookie stealer exploit? What if they use a different color scheme so that the "color:EFEFEF" in the exploit HTML doesn't get hidden in the post or PM?

And most importantly, can someone who has successfully used this on a 2.0.20 board please just post how they did it? It's a simple matter really, if you have done it. What's the point of posting an exploit if you don't give any details like:

- what settings need to be on the phpbb board to be exploited

- how to get the sid

- and for those exploits that say, "command insertion" or "shell", what database? What OS? What commands yield anything useful?

- and if the exploit is only a DDOS attack, say so please.

- and if the exploit is only to back up or restore, what if the board to be exploted doesn't have the backup/restore function installed?

- what about the "logging" module added to some boards to show all Admin and Mod activity? Any way to disable that?

Everyone's waiting for a 2.0.20 exploit, and if this is it, let's hear more about what it does and what is needed in the victim board settings to make it work. Autologin? HTML on? You know, those kinds of things.
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:22 pm Reply with quote
sljyro
Advanced user
Advanced user
Joined: Mar 23, 2006
Posts: 53




yeah thats exactly what i dont understand about this exploit. it says you need a sid, but to get that in 2.0.20 (with html 99% off including admin inbox) no one knows. so how can this work in the first place?

is there another way to get the sid in a 2.0.20 that i have missed?

cheers!
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:36 am Reply with quote
vlex
Beginner
Beginner
Joined: May 26, 2006
Posts: 1




hi everybody Smile

I've heard it works only on MSIE...

Unfortunately I haven't figure it out how it works... yet...

GL everybody Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:52 pm Reply with quote
SicKn3sS
Regular user
Regular user
Joined: Apr 16, 2006
Posts: 14




johnny wrote:
Sheesh. This thread is labeled as an exploit for phpbb 2.0.20 and below.

Instead of an explanation of the actual exploit, we have the usual "how to run a Perl script" and "how to get a cookie" posts.

Does phpbb 2.0.20 even respond to the cookie stealer exploit? What if they use a different color scheme so that the "color:EFEFEF" in the exploit HTML doesn't get hidden in the post or PM?

And most importantly, can someone who has successfully used this on a 2.0.20 board please just post how they did it? It's a simple matter really, if you have done it. What's the point of posting an exploit if you don't give any details like:

- what settings need to be on the phpbb board to be exploited

- how to get the sid

- and for those exploits that say, "command insertion" or "shell", what database? What OS? What commands yield anything useful?

- and if the exploit is only a DDOS attack, say so please.

- and if the exploit is only to back up or restore, what if the board to be exploted doesn't have the backup/restore function installed?

- what about the "logging" module added to some boards to show all Admin and Mod activity? Any way to disable that?

Everyone's waiting for a 2.0.20 exploit, and if this is it, let's hear more about what it does and what is needed in the victim board settings to make it work. Autologin? HTML on? You know, those kinds of things.


I agree, this thread should be all about this exploit and not xss/css crap, admin plz erase all the posts about this topic so we can start over plz?
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Lolz666
Regular user
Regular user
Joined: May 05, 2006
Posts: 10




click on the sites logo...sometimes gives sid.....di for me...
but well still not rly sure how to use this exploit...
Is there like a php enviroment lol?
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:39 pm Reply with quote
waraxe
Site admin
Site admin
Joined: May 11, 2004
Posts: 2407
Location: Estonia, Tartu




WaterBird wrote:
I don't see any intrest in this exploit because when you have a cookie you can access admin panel. So why to use another explit ?


Heh, it's simple - this kind of exploit is about elevating possibilities. First - you got somehow admin privileges. For example, you have been trusted to be co-admin on some forum. Now, you can be forum admin, but in theory, you can't issue any shell commands, write to files, etc. Forum admin, but not webmaster.
This kind of exploit will elevate your privileges to nobody/apache level shell user Smile
You can next try to r00t da b0x Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote
johnny
Regular user
Regular user
Joined: Mar 13, 2006
Posts: 13




waraxe wrote:
Heh, it's simple - this kind of exploit is about elevating possibilities. First - you got somehow admin privileges. For example, you have been trusted to be co-admin on some forum. Now, you can be forum admin, but in theory, you can't issue any shell commands, write to files, etc. Forum admin, but not webmaster.
This kind of exploit will elevate your privileges to nobody/apache level shell user Smile
You can next try to r00t da b0x Smile


Unless it's an MS-SQL box behind the phpbb install.
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:06 pm Reply with quote
db07
Regular user
Regular user
Joined: May 12, 2006
Posts: 6




you need to install the latest php package on your windows machine and then use php <scriptname> and follow the instructions. However you do need to have the admin sid else it won't work
View user's profile Send private message
PhpBB <= 2.0.20 Admin/Restore Database remote cmmnds xctn
www.waraxe.us Forum Index -> PhpBB
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous1, 2
Post new topicReply to topic


Powered by phpBB 2001-2008 phpBB Group



Space Raider game for Android, free download - Space Raider gameplay video - Zone Raider mobile games
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments and posts are property of their posters, all the rest (c) 2004-2024 Janek Vind "waraxe"
Page Generation: 0.126 Seconds